Elevated Work Platform Training (EWP), formerly known as Aerial Work Platform (AWP) instructs workers in the safe operation of Elevated Work Platforms ( ie; boom lifts and scissor lifts). Training on your site means your workers will acquire their safety training on the EWP ( AWP ) that they will be operating.
EWP Safety Training may be tailored to the EWP that that you/your workers use
(EWP) Elevated Work Platform Training is approximately eight hours in duration and includes an instructor led presentation, practical exercises, class discussion, written knowledge test, and practical exam.
EWP / Elevated Work Platform (AWP) Learning Objectives:
Upon successful completion of the training program, you will be knowledgeable and/or demonstrate proficiency in:
- Legislation and standards as pertaining to AWP
- Recent statistical information, workplace incidents, and the requirement for training
- Elements of pre-work planning
- Conducting a pre-use check and visual inspection
- Employer and worker responsibilities
- Load limitations and calculations
- Working from heights
- Platform types
- System components
- Machine specific features
- Safely operating an aerial work platform in the field.
Fall Protection training is a prerequisite for Elevated Work Platform Training, you will be required to present proof of Fall Protection Training completion prior to attending this course.