Confined Space Entry and Monitor Training is a combined one-day course designed for workers that perform tasks in a confined space and will teach participants basic knowledge and proficiency with respect to confined space entry procedures, legislation and the related OSSA Regional Code of Practice enabling workers to complete tasks in a confined space. The Confined Space Entry/Monitor Program is an OSSA Approved confined space training program.
CONFINED SPACE ENTRY / MONITOR
OSSA Confined Space Monitor Course includes theory and in class exercises and will cover such things as:
- Confined Space Monitor Basics
- Confined Space Monitor Training
- Confined Space Entry Preparation
- Classification of Confined Space Entries
- Hazardous Atmospheres & Gas testing
- Entry Authorization
- Confined Space Isolation
- Confined Space Monitor Responsibilities
The purpose of the OSSA Confined Space Monitor Standard program is to ensure that the End-User demonstrates basic knowledge and proficiency in performing the required duties of a Confined Space Monitor.
Program Learning Objectives are as follows:
- Understand the regulations relating to confined spaces in Alberta.
- Understand the adopted Regional Code of Practice for Confined Spaces.
- Understand the importance of the requirement for a competent Confined Space Monitor to be in attendance outside the confined space at or near the entrance to keep track of the number of persons inside the confined space at all times.
- Understand the requirement for constant communication with personnel inside the confined space.
- Understand the importance of the entry permits, entry log and signage for the confined spaces.
- Understand the importance of keeping unauthorized persons from entering the confined space.
- Understand the importance of not entering a confined space under any circumstance.
- Understand the role of the Confined Space Monitor in an emergency.